- This event has passed.
“A Voice For Cats”: Essay Contest Scholarship
August 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2020 @ 11:30 pmFree
We invite students to submit their essays on feline welfare and the humane treatment of cats. One outstanding essayist will be selected as the scholarship winner. The winning essay will be published on our blog and accredited to the author. The winning essay writer will receive a prize of $1,000. An additional $1,000 will be donated to a rescue organization of the winner’s choosing.
- All essays must be submitted by Dec. 31st, 2020.
- The student must have a background volunteering or working at an animal rescue organization for at least 20 hours.
- Essay must be 300-500 words.
- The student must be currently enrolled in or enrolled to begin higher education studies in the fall semester 2020.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of the United States.
- We’re All About Cats will retain all rights to the submitted content and may publish it at its own discretion.
- This is an on-going scholarship. The above deadline refers to the current cycle only.
How To Submit Your Essay
- Please save your essay as a Word document and send it to email@example.com.
- Please title your e-mail “2020 Scholarship Submission – Last Name, First Name.”
- Please include a brief (50-100 words) personal bio. This bio will be published on our blog along with the submitted essay.
- Please note that before receiving any scholarship, selected essay writers must provide proof of identification and current residence.
- August 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am
- December 31, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Scholarships, U.S. Citizens
- Event Tags:
- all students, animal rescue, cats, College of Arts and Sciences, community service, Department of Arts and Humanities, Department of Aviation and Safety, Department of Health and Natural Sciences, Department of Math and Computer Science, Department of Social Sciences, Florida Memorial University, FMU, freshmen, graduate students, iROAR, juniors, learn2earn, men, Scholarship, School of Business, School of Education, seniors, sophomores, U.S. Citizens, undergraduate students, volunteer, women
- Kierra J. Smith
- (305) 626-3786