- This event has passed.
Annual Prevounce Preventive Health Scholarship Program
September 25 @ 8:00 am - October 15 @ 11:30 pmFree
The Annual Prevounce Preventive Health Scholarship Program is now open to receive applications. There are two scholarships available for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- One (1) scholarship valued at $1,500 will be awarded to an undergraduate student (individuals entering or in an undergraduate program) pursuing a career in healthcare.
- One (1) scholarship valued at $2,500 will be awarded to a graduate student pursuing a career in medicine, nursing, and/or public health.
The scholarship program here at Prevounce is competitive and will be based upon leadership, academics, and achievements. Only attendees of U.S.-based educational institutions are eligible for these scholarships and all funds will be disbursed directly to the institution.
- Must be pursuing a career in healthcare
- Must be entering or already established in an accredited, U.S.-based undergraduate program in fall 2020
- Must be pursuing a career in medicine, nursing, and/or public health
- Must be entering or already established in an accredited, U.S.-based graduate program in fall 2020
Applications are due by October 15, 2020. No applications submitted after this date will be accepted. Scholarship recipients will be notified no later than November 1, 2020.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed application (download below)
- Completed essay question (in Word or similar)
- Transcript(s) (official or unofficial acceptable in PDF format)
- Copy of resume (in a PDF, Word, or similar)
Submit your application, along with your completed essay, transcript(s), and resume by emailing email@example.com. In the subject line, please provide your name and indicate whether you are applying for the undergraduate or graduate scholarship (e.g., “Jane Smith for Graduate Scholarship”)
Thank you for your interest in the Prevounce Preventive Health Scholarship Program. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must not exceed 750 words
- Must be typed and double spaced
Undergraduate Scholarship Essay
Please discuss why you are planning to pursue a career in healthcare and how you hope to play a role in preventing illness.
Graduate Scholarship Essay
Please discuss how your study will contribute to your short- and long-term career plans and how you hope to impact the future of preventive health.
Essay Evaluation Criteria:
- Be focused and well-reasoned
- Minimal errors
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the subject matter