- This event has passed.
Biannual ValueWalk.com Business Studies Scholarship Program
September 8 @ 8:00 am - November 1 @ 11:30 pmFree
Business Studies Scholarship Program
ValueWalk.com, an online resource for worldwide Business news, wishes to support students in the pursuit of a Business degree. Students enrolled in other majors may also apply for the scholarship program if able to contribute an essay dealing the business subject matter.
The scholarship is made available to any student accepted or enrolled into a college or university degree program. Participants enrolled in a higher learning degree granting program from any country may apply for the scholarship program.
A total award of $2000 is granted over the course of the year to students who submit a winning essay on the Business topic of value investing.
This is an annual scholarship program.
Questions to be answered in your Essay / Application:
- Please tell us your favorite stock idea and why (Must be over $100 million market cap and long ideas or neutral only -no shorts, can be other asset class besides equity).
- Detail catalysts, valuation, competitors and/or any other reasons you think investors are overlooking this security.
- Please disclose if you own any securities discussed.
- We will not be able to process the application unless you fulfill these requirements.
- The article must be at least 450 words – max length is unlimited
2 prizes will be awarded for each of the two essay submission contests. One for the most votes and the other as our staff favorite.
Please make sure to discuss at least one specific security in detail so we can process your application. The essay itself should be about the security you wish to discuss (not your bio or other information). You are welcome to submit other information as a separate attachment.
Please see the current submissions below. You can vote for your favorite application by sharing the article on Facebook using the buttons below or at the bottom of the post itself. It may take a few hours for vote changes to be reflected after sharing on Facebook. You may also need to clear browser cache to see the updated totals.
Scholarship submissions will close around the date specified above but you will still be able to vote until winners are actually announced.
Requirements for Vauewalk’s business scholarship program highlighting your favorite stock picks.
Please tell us your favorite stock idea and why (Must be over $100 million market cap and long ideas or neutral only -no shorts, can be other asset class besides equity). Explain the catalysts you see, what you think the stock should be worth, the company’s competitors, and any other reasons you believe the security is being overlooked. Don’t forget to include a disclosure (if you own or plan to buy) any of the securities you discuss.
Stock Pick: Submission Requirements Below – to learn more click here
Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted in a University or College as a full-time student.
There will be 2 contest submission dates. To be eligible for the contest submit your essay by one the submission dates.
- Round 1: Accepting entries December 1st 2019 -May 1st 2020. Winners announced 6/01/20
- Round 2 : Accepting entries June 1st -November 1st 2020, Winners announced 12/01/20
Word requirement is 450. Topic must be related to investing and can be seen in more detail here.
Along with your submission feel free to include a picture of yourself (for which you hold the copyright), which we can post on our site to go along with your essay on investing. Please keep that separate, the essay you submit should be about the stock you are picking.
The winner will be required to provide proof of successful acceptance to a Higher Institute of Learning, College or University. Payment will be made directly to the applicant’s college. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com with subject line “Scholarship”
Submit your essay using the form after reading the full instructions here.
Please note we will not be able to process the business scholarship application unless you fulfill the requirements.
- September 8 @ 8:00 am
- November 1 @ 11:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Athletes, Graduate School, International Students, Ongoing, Scholarships, U.S. Citizens
- Event Tags:
- all students, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Arts and Humanities, Department of Aviation and Safety, Department of Health and Natural Sciences, Department of Math and Computer Science, Department of Social Sciences, Florida Memorial University, FMU, freshmen, graduate students, International Students, iROAR, juniors, learn2earn, men, Scholarship, School of Business, School of Education, seniors, sophomores, stocks, summer, U.S. Citizens, undergraduate students, women
- Kierra J. Smith
- (305) 626-3786