- This event has passed.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship for Cancer Survivors
March 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - April 1, 2020 @ 11:59 amFree
This scholarship program was created to assist cancer survivors who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to the Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship
for Cancer Survivors award must:
- Be cancer survivors*, age 25 and under, who are high school seniors or graduates or current post-secondary undergraduates.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
Employees and children of employees of Bristol-Myers Squibb are ineligible to apply.
*Applicants will be asked to provide a personal impact statement describing the impact cancer has had on their life. Finalists will be asked to provide a Diagnosis Verification Form completed by a physician attesting to applicant’s diagnosis.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive:
- An award in the amount of $10,000.
- Up to twenty-five (25) awards will be granted.
- Awards are not renewable, however students may reapply each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- Personal impact statement
- An online recommendation
Financial need is not considered.
All applicants will be notified of their status by early May. Finalists will receive a Diagnosis Verification Form to be completed by their physician and faxed directly to Scholarship America (no exceptions).
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America process payments in equal installments in early August and mid-December.
As part of your application, you must upload the following document:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
Also, as part of your application, one online recommendation must be submitted on your behalf by 3:00 p.m. Central on April 6, 2020.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically through the Scholarship America Student Hub.