- This event has passed.
Florida Association for International Education (FAIE) Study Florida International Student Scholarship
March 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - March 31, 2020 @ 11:59 pmFree
Scholarship Application Process
Florida Association for International Education (FAIE) is partnering with Study Florida to support two $2,000 scholarships annually for international students pursuing higher education at a college or university in Florida.
The scholarships will be offered to one international undergraduate student and one graduate student who are attending a regionally-accredited college or university in Florida.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program at a Florida college or university.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a Florida college or university through Spring 2021. Each scholarship will be paid in two installments ($1,000 in Fall 2020 and $1,000 in Spring 2021).
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at their institution.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students may apply. One scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree; one scholarship will be reserved for students pursuing a Masters, Doctoral, or Professional degree.
- Applicants must be a non-immigrant F-1 student visa holder in good standing.
Please submit the requested documents listed below to your institution’s DSO (Designated School Official) before the application deadline.
List of requested documents:
- Completed Applicant Information Form.
- 500 word (max) essay on the topic “Please share how your decision to study in Florida has impacted you academically, socially, and professionally” OR a URL link to a 3-minute (max) video on the topic “Please share how your decision to study in Florida has impacted you academically, socially, and professionally.”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation:
- Recommendation Letter One (must be from a faculty member)
- Recommendation Letter Two (must be from a non-instructional staff member such as advisor, club advisor, dean, or other university/college administrator)
*NOTE: there is no specific recommendation template form. You may provide your recommenders general information on this scholarship and request they write you a free-form recommendation letter.
Applications will be available from February 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020.