- This event has passed.
Get Paid to Train: techHire Summer Boot Camp
March 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - June 11, 2020 @ 11:59 pmFree
The techHire Summer Boot Camp is being hosted by Florida Memorial University, supported by CareerSource South Florida, as a free class geared toward receiving an industry recognized credential. Due to the changes related to COVID-19, this class will be hosted online. Upon completion, the boot camp participant will receive a $300 stipend. Upon obtaining a credential, the participant will receive an additional $200 stipend.
- A U.S. Citizen
- A Miami-Dade County resident
- Attending a school in Miami-Dade County or a young adult seeking to sharpen skills
- At least 15-24 years old (younger ninth graders are still eligible to participate)
- Receive free and/or reduced lunch
- Receive Temporary Assistance for Need Families (TANF)
- *Participants do not have to attend Florida Memorial University, but Florida Memorial University students are encouraged to apply
How long is the program?
The techHire Summer Boot Camp is six weeks long from June 15-July 31, 2020. Classes will take place between the hours of 9am-2pm or 1pm-6pm.
How do I sign up?
If you have questions, comments or concerns, contact Ms. Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 305-626-3786 or 786-774-1423 to register.