- This event has passed.
Seniors, Recent Graduates and Graduate Students: American Council on Renewable Energy
August 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2021 @ 11:30 pmFree
Internship applications are welcome from students and recent graduates who are committed to making renewable energy the focus of their career paths.
Intern program participants engage in research, writing, and cross-departmental assistance based on their interests and the organization’s current focus. ACORE interns are also responsible for the development and presentation of an individual research project. This project focuses the intern’s attention and knowledge on a facet of the renewable energy industry, preparing them to seek career opportunities in that area. Interns work on their presentations by researching a topic of their choosing and interviewing members of the renewable energy sector, as well as potential employers, through personal introductions by staff and networking opportunities.
Interns support the ACORE departments listed below:
- Corporate Engagement
- Finance and Administration
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, let us get to know you by explaining what you would like to gain from an ACORE internship, why you want to pursue a career in the renewable energy industry, and what kind of career paths are of interest to you. Please indicate the specific ACORE department(s) for which you are applying.
Intern Session Timelines
Deadline to apply for Fall 2021 semester: July 9, 2021
Deadline to apply for Spring 2021 semester: November 16, 2020
Deadline to apply for Summer 2021 semester: March 5, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should apply? Internship applications are welcome from rising seniors, new graduates and graduate students personally committed to making renewable energy the focus of their future career. We welcome applications from many majors, and from all U.S. universities. Please note that ACORE does not assist with obtaining visas to work/study in the U.S.
Where will you intern? ACORE’s office is based in Washington, D.C. At this time, we anticipate a virtual/telework format for internships.
Are the internships full-time or part-time? Internships are customized to individual interns’ schedules. Most interns work with ACORE for 2 or 3 days of the week for up to 10 weeks. All of ACORE’s interns are expected to work part-time.
Is this a paid program? Yes, ACORE internships are paid. Upon approval of your internship application, we’ll discuss compensation details.
- August 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am
- December 31, 2021 @ 11:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Athletes, Graduate School, International Students, Ongoing, Paid Internship, Paid Opportunity, Scholars Program, Summer, U.S. Citizens
- Event Tags:
- College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Arts and Humanities, Department of Aviation and Safety, Department of Health and Natural Sciences, Department of Math and Computer Science, Department of Social Sciences, energy, Florida Memorial University, FMU, graduate students, International Students, internship, iROAR, learn2earn, new graduates, part-time, recent graduates, renewable energy, School of Business, School of Education, Senior, seniors, U.S. Citizens, Washington DC, women
- Kierra J. Smith
- (305) 626-3786