Publix Summer Internship Program
March 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 8, 2030 @ 5:00 pmFree
Publix (grocery store) offers summer internships every year. It is a paid opportunity for students to work on meaningful projects, develop their skills, and meet Publix leaders and executives.
Here are application tips for our internship program:
- To apply, visit publix.jobs/internships.
- You must be an active college student (undergraduate or graduate programs) throughout the duration of the internship (this includes summer classes).
- Read through each internship posting carefully and apply to the one(s) that
- are most relevant to your degree
- you’re qualified for and
- complement your major/experience.
- Submit a cover letter for each position you apply to and
- tailor the letter to showcase your experience, including your Publix retail experience and
- highlight how you meet the preferred qualifications.
- Apply promptly because the positions may be un-posted soon.
Publix’s summer internship lasts 10 to 12 weeks, between May and August, at our company facilities in Lakeland, FL. Interns gain valuable hands-on experience, work on challenging projects, and network with professionals to develop valuable skills beyond what they can learn in a classroom. Interns are offered competitive pay and are generally expected to work 40 hours per week, although this varies by department. We partner with Florida Southern College to provide housing for our out-of-town interns.
As a Publix intern, you would:
- receive performance evaluations twice during the summer
- attend luncheons with Publix executives
- participate in a local community service event
- be invited to several after-work socials, and
- give an end-of-summer presentation to a large group of Publix leaders.
Our internship openings vary during the year and each summer. The following departments have hosted an intern.
- Business Analysis & Reporting (BAR)
- Corporate Accounting
- Corporate Purchasing
- Corporate Quality Assurance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Loss Prevention
- Public Affairs
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
Interested in an internship?
Applicants must be enrolled in college, meet strict criteria on what major they are pursuing, and meet other requirements based on the department offering the internship. All internship opportunities are posted online at our Publix Jobs Center. The bulk are posted in February, with selections being made by late March for summer internships that begin in mid-May. You must apply online to be considered. Résumés sent by email or mail are not considered applications. If you are interested in learning more about our summer internship program, please email Corporate.Internships@publix.com.