- This event has passed.
American Psychological Foundation Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship
April 6 @ 8:00 am - May 15 @ 11:59 pmFree
The APF Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship supports graduate-level scholarly projects that use a psychological perspective to help understand and reduce stigma associated with mental illness. The scholarship helps address research which shows that stigma is a significant barrier to treatment and recovery for many of the 50 million Americans living with mental illness. The amount of the scholarship is $5,000.
- Graduate student in good standing at an accredited university.
- Demonstrated commitment to stigma issues.
- IRB approval must be received from host institution before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved.
- Description of proposed project to include goal, relevant background, target population, methods, and anticipated outcomes (format: 5 pages; 1-inch margins, no smaller than 11-point font, single-spaced).
- Detailed budget and justification.
- CV, 5 pages max.
- Letter of recommendation from faculty advisor.