- This event has passed.
MarvelOptics.com National Scholarship Contest
August 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 5, 2021 @ 11:30 pmFree
MarvelOptics.com, a leading prescription eyeglass company is pleased to announce they will be holding a “MarvelOptics.com National Scholarship Contest”. The essay winner selected will receive a $1500 scholarship. The founders of MarvelOptics.com are young entrepreneurs who know the value of quality education. They appreciate hard work and ambition and believe that money should never become an obstacle when working towards one’s dreams.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any current, full-time student at an accredited two-year or four-year American university or college is welcome to apply to the Scholarship Program. There is no age nor specified major requirement.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select your preferred social media outlet(s): Blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
- Answer the following prompt
Helen Keller said, “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” What does that mean to you?
- You may post on more than one social media outlet or your blog page. You can choose to post a short essay or a video.
- If you choose to write a short essay, it must be a maximum of 300 words.
- A video must be 1-minute in length.
- Any pictures posted must be original.
- Post your entries on YOUR blog accounts or social media and follow instructions for each platform as described below:
- Blog: At the end of you blog article, paste this clickable link: www.marveloptics.com then email us a link to the blog page you posted your entry on.
- Facebook and Google Plus: copy and paste this before your essay:
- @Marveloptics.com | www.marveloptics.com
- Instagram: after you post your video, mention @marveloptics in your comments
- Youtube: in your video description, add this clickable link: www.marveloptics.com
- We encourage you to share your posts as traction created through likes, shares or comments may be used as one of the determining factors in judging.
- Submit a signed a signed content contribution agreement to email@example.com and MUST include the following:
- Full name
- Email Address and Phone number
- Your school, major, and graduation date.
- Your ID number and address to Financial Aid office where check will be delivered to
- (IMPORTANT) Links to the posts you made in different social media platform
In order for your entry to be eligible, ALL guidelines must be met.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
The essay submission deadline is 12:00 midnight EST August 15th for the Fall semester and January 5th for the Spring semester.
Two gifts totaling $3000 will be awarded annually. Each semester (spring and fall), one recipient will receive a $1,500 scholarship to the institution of their choice. The scholarship will be sent directly to the school’s financial aid office.
SELECTION PROCESS AND NOTIFICATION:
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of independent judges. The winner will be announced on August 31st and January 31st on the MarvelOptics.com website, MarvelOptics.com social media pages and through a PR announcement. The winner will also be notified via email or phone.
The scholarship funds awarded are to be used for tuition and books only. Once awarded, a check will be written to the recipient’s enrolled school and credited for academic costs. The scholarship is non-renewable and is only good for a one-semester cycle. Recipients are only eligible to receive the scholarship once during their lifetime.
Any questions on the scholarship essay contest can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am
- January 5 @ 11:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Athletes, Graduate School, International Students, Ongoing, Scholarships, U.S. Citizens
- Event Tags:
- all students, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Aviation and Safety, Department of Health and Natural Sciences, Department of Math and Computer Science, Department of Social Sciences, eyeglasses, Florida Memorial University, FMU, freshmen, glasses, graduate students, International Students, iROAR, juniors, learn2earn, Scholarship, School of Business, School of Education, seniors, sophomores, U.S. Citizens, undergraduate students, women
- Kierra J. Smith
- (305) 626-3786