- This event has passed.
Mattress Nerd’s Sustainability Scholarship
March 23, 2020 @ 8:00 am - April 1, 2020 @ 11:59 amFree
Mattress Nerd has been paying attention to the many voices of students across the globe who have recently been calling for a change in our living habits and the way we consume and recycle. We are working in an industry where new technology is being developed all of the time to ensure that mattresses will be longer-lasting and produced with more environmental materials, and we want to ensure that our readership understands the options available to them to be mindful with their mattress disposal.
Despite the push in awareness regarding needed changes in how we dispose of our waste, we don’t believe there is enough information out there on the different ways of reusing and recycling our products when they are no longer of value to us. We’d love to hear from more students with a dedication to sustainability and conscientious buying so we can build on our own knowledge and be a contributor to offering an insight on how people can live more environmentally friendly.
The best essay will be awarded with a $1000 scholarship for their contribution to this important cause.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicant must be someone who is promoting positive environmental change
Please write a 500-1,000-word essay answering the following questions
- What choices can we make as consumers to better our carbon footprints?
- What reuse and recycle innovations do you think are leading the change in business environmental conscientiousness?
- What have you altered about your own day-to-day life to reduce your own environmental impact?
Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
How to Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address for payment
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
Application Deadline & Winner Selection
All applications must be submitted by April 1st, annually. A winner will be selected and notified via email by April 6th.