- This event has passed.
The Breakfast Club HBCU Scholarship
March 2 @ 8:00 am - April 13 @ 11:59 amFree
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), and iHeartMedia’s The Breakfast Club are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) or a Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs). Eighty-two scholars will be selected to receive a scholarship up to $5,000 for the 2020-2021 academic school year ($2,500 for each semester, which can only be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees).
- Be enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior during the 2020-2021 academic school year.
- For Incoming Freshman – Provide proof of acceptance into or enrollment at as incoming freshman during the 2020-2021 academic school year.
- Current cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Able to demonstrate a financial need.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
How to Apply
All Applicants Must:
- Provide a copy of the 2020-2021 FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- Provide the transcript (official or unofficial) for your most recently completed academic term-this should include your end of Fall 2019 grades and cumulative GPA.
- For Incoming Freshman – Provide the high school transcript (official or unofficial) from your most recently completed academic term. This should include your Fall 2019 grades and a cumulative GPA.
- Please upload one letter of reference from a professor or advisor from your college or university.
- Answer the following question (Maximum of 500 words per question):
- What inspired you to pursue a degree in your current field of study and how do you plan to use your studies to achieve your future career goals?
- Please upload a video answering the following questions (Maximum 1 min per question ):
- What have you learned from your experience attending an HBCU and how will you use what you learned in school to impact your community?
This application opens March 2, 2020, and closes April 13, 2020 (11:59 PM EST).
Click the website below to start the scholarship application.