The Cargill Global Scholars Program (Students from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States)
May 11, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pmFree
The Cargill Global Scholars Program provides financial support and leadership development opportunities to undergraduate students from around the world. Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing students pursuing agriculture, food, science, technology, engineering, math, international relations, sustainability, and business related studies.
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is more than just a traditional scholarship program. The Global Scholars is a global program that is designed to foster and enhance leadership potential, critical thinking skills, a global network for scholars to become the next generation of global leaders, decision makers, visionaries, and socially conscious innovators.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded In-Country Seminar (Year 1) and Global Seminar (Year 2).
- Receive mentorship by Cargill employees to help the scholars identify short and long term academic and goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and communication by email and phone.
- Participate in a series of experiential learning modules, leadership development training, coupled with network opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars Alumni community
The deadlines are different and depend on the country you’re a resident of. Click the link to find out more information. If the deadline passed, check again the following year because this program is available each year.
- May 11 @ 8:00 am
- December 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- International Students, Ongoing, Scholars Program, Scholarships, U.S. Citizens
- Event Tags:
- agriculture, Brazil, business, China, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Arts and Humanities, Department of Aviation and Safety, Department of Health and Natural Sciences, Department of Math and Computer Science, Department of Social Sciences, engineering, Florida Memorial University, FMU, food science, freshmen, global, India, Indonesia, international relations, International Students, iROAR, learn2earn, math, Russia, scholars program, Scholarship, School of Business, School of Education, sophomores, sustainability, technology, U.S. Citizens, undergraduate students, United States, worldwide
- Kierra J. Smith
- (305) 626-3786