- This event has passed.
The Random Acts of Kindness Scholarship
March 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2020 @ 11:30 pmFree
If you have a story of a random act of kindness, whether you were on the one performing the act for others or if someone else did something nice for you, we encourage you to apply. Explain how this event impacted you and the others involved. One student will receive a $1,000 scholarship award for their essay detailing this experience and explaining the effects of such an act. It is our hope that this scholarship will not only recognize students for their good deeds, but also encourage others to commit similar acts.
To be eligible for The Random Acts of Kindness Scholarship, you must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or law program within the United States. This scholarship is also open to high school seniors who are graduating and enrolled in college before the December 31, 2020 deadline. All candidates must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be eligible for this scholarship.
Please submit the following materials as part of your complete application:
- A transcript from your current or most recent educational institution
- A resume
- A 750 word essay discussing a time that you performed a random act of kindness for someone or a time where you were on the receiving end of a random act of kindness, and the effects of the event on everyone involved.
The deadline for The Random Acts of Kindness Scholarship is December 31, 2020. All application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before this deadline in order to be considered eligible. Applications should have the subject line “[Applicant’s Name – The Random Acts of Kindness Scholarship].”
- March 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am
- December 31, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Athletes, Graduate School, International Students, Scholarships, U.S. Citizens
- Event Tags:
- all students, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Arts and Humanities, Department of Aviation and Safety, Department of Health and Natural Sciences, Department of Math and Computer Science, Department of Social Sciences, Florida Memorial University, FMU, freshmen, graduate students, International Students, iROAR, juniors, kindness, learn2earn, men, RAKs, random act of kindness, Scholarship, School of Business, School of Education, seniors, sophomores, summer, U.S. Citizens, undergraduate students, women
- Kierra J. Smith
- (305) 626-3786